Inspired simultaneously and erratically by the blog thoughts of both Stanley Lee and Ned Rorem.

Feb 4, 2003

An inspiring quote for the aspiring musician. Integrity pays off...certainly did in Lutoslawski's case. (Courtesy of Tyler)

"Artistic creative activity can be motivated by different aims. The most commonplace of these is the desire to attract the attention of others, to be popular, to earn money and so on. In my case, the main motive is the desire to give the most faithful expression of a constantly changing and developing world that exists within me. The question can be raised: am I only interested in what goes on in me and nothing else? Isn't this standpoint too introverted? My answer is: no. I am not working to get many 'fans' for myself; I do not want to convince, I want to find. I would like to find people who in the depths of their souls feel the same way as I do."

-Wiltold Lutoslawski

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers