Inspired simultaneously and erratically by the blog thoughts of both Stanley Lee and Ned Rorem.

Jan 25, 2012

2012.

Another long dry spell for the blog. What's been going on? I turned 30 and this blog will soon celebrate its 10-year birthday; when I started it, I couldn't legally drink.

Atlantic Music Festival was fun. Will start second home there. Met Ethan Hawke and I was like all "whoa no way!" and then I was all "way."

I have nothing to say, mainly because I have nothing to feel. Eternal mind of the spotless sunshine. The Dionysian psychology revolves around conceptual fantasies rooted in expectation; namely, that the best is yet to come. But is there a dichotomy when only one side is right? Nietzsche's Apollo and Dionysus function more around inconvenient truths versus reassuring lies - only one is fun.

Ginsberg says that "Truth climbs upon the bed like a black cat purring and Truth is even in the ass. Is truth an objective theory, a way of life? No truth is instant perceptions. I was still taking it up the ass after the house was sold for firewood in the fucking fifties."

The era of the man child; there is no other way to live. Smoke-filled rooms inebriate the emotional cerebrum and monotony blurs consciousness with the right type of bourbon. Lenny once said that "ten thousand people yell your name and then you're alone in a Berlin hotel room." Can you face the night and enjoy it?

Will write more later. Or not.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers