Inspired simultaneously and erratically by the blog thoughts of both Stanley Lee and Ned Rorem.

Dec 16, 2010

Cheyenne, WY.

One would think that it would be difficult to be permanently banned from the Wyoming YMCA in just one day, but it's not. My response to the ban:

[To whom it may concern,

The following is intended to be not only a letter of complaint, but a higher question regarding values, ignorance, and etiquette.

Ordinarily, I would ask to file a formal complaint regarding Marge, your employee who insultingly spoke to me today as though I not only didn't speak English, but as though I must have had an extreme case of Down Syndrome. Unfortunately, it is quite clear to me that the staff community at your particular YMCA is not only tight knit, but blindly defensive of its employees (regardless of the offense and damage they may cause an individual).

Due to the fact that I know my complaint will amount to nothing, I only wanted to write in order to help Marge - to prevent her from living the rest of her life in cultural ignorance, and to ensure that no other member of an under-privileged community would be further hurt by her.

Please convey to Marge that I will not only be praying for her (praying, that is, for the hope that she may someday be blessed with a higher education level than the pitiful amount she displays at the front desk), but also that I would be happy to help recommend reading material on ethnic studies in the United States for her.

Inevitably, whomever receives this email will forward it to those of you on the employee-staff who remember me from the incident today, and the large majority (if not all) of you will disregard my comments as that of some possessed lunatic.

I urge you, in the most exigent and importunate way (tell Marge to look those words up), not to do such a thing - particularly since your community seems to cling dearly to a misguided notion of Christian values.

I wish you all a Merry Christmas.

Please feel free to contact me at the above phone number or email address if you so wish.

Regards,
Carlos Avila]

I find it humorous and ironic (humorously ironic?) that I noticed multiple publicity posters of my concert tomorrow on the YMCA billboard, which means that some (if not all) of these hillbillies, unbeknown to them now, will be attending my concert tomorrow. See you soon, you ignorant pieces of shit.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers