Inspired simultaneously and erratically by the blog thoughts of both Stanley Lee and Ned Rorem.

Jun 26, 2009

Michael Jackson.

Rarely am I inclined to post such touchy-feely entries; and at a celebrity I don't even know at that.

But today, I saw Thriller LPs selling on broadway starting at $200. I saw a man moonwalking on 63rd to buy coffee. I saw a black guy on the benchpress at the Y singing Billie Jean at top of his lungs. I bought a white glove. He was the greatest ever and the biggest celebrity death (for me) since Pac in '96.

I stood in front of the communal TV at the West Side YMCA today next to a yoked out, 300 pound, tattoed up black guy who started tearing up. Under his breath, he muttered "damn, I'm goan miss that crazy motherfucka."

The greatest ever died today.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers