Inspired simultaneously and erratically by the blog thoughts of both Stanley Lee and Ned Rorem.

Jan 3, 2009

The obligatory New Year's post. Reflections on 2008.

Another sordidly potent year, albeit this one infused with the psychological disaster of futility and the materialization of apathetic discourse. What did I do this year? Countries upon countries of squalid thought; reinvigorating the necessity for self-reflection in order to combat my own hedonistic life style. At the end, what will I think of 2008?

Minimalistically: I got a lot done this year. I had great musical experiences. I saw a lot of the world. I played a lot of gorgeous music. I met a lot of people. I had a lot of adventures; some good, some bad; always fun. I smoked a lot of cigarettes. I drank a lot of whiskey. I did a lot of bad things. What about 2009?

For everyone that is worried out there; don't be. I'm not gonna die. I'm in mandatory counseling for alcoholism, I have a great family, and supportive (for the most part) friends.

Here's to heading in the right direction; or at least figuring out which direction is right. Happy New Year.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers