Inspired simultaneously and erratically by the blog thoughts of both Stanley Lee and Ned Rorem.

Oct 30, 2004

Things I would do if it would ensure a democratic victory on Tuesday (and I'm not joking):

I would, unhesitantly and immediately, give up my spot at Yale University.

I would go without sex for 4 years. (This one appears to be an inevitability regardless)

I would donate my car to charity.

I would uninstall and never again use AIM.

I would become a vegetarian.

I would donate all the money I currently own to charity (OK, so that isn't much)

Things I would not do even if it would ensure a democratic victory:

I would not give up music.

This election, besides being one of the most divisive in history, will probably decide the fate of our country. If that sounds too harsh are dramatic, you probably haven't been paying attention.
Though the extent of things I would give up may sound humorous, or even ridiculous, please believe me when I say I would. I am not joking.

"And on top of that, you want to take me to prison/
just cuz I won't trade humanity for patriotism."
-Immortal Technique, "The 4th Branch"


No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers