Inspired simultaneously and erratically by the blog thoughts of both Stanley Lee and Ned Rorem.

Apr 11, 2004

The anatomy and dissection of a classical playlist, and what you might happen to be in the mood for:

I feel debaucherously decadent today, and I want unabashed cheese mixed with sexual non-moral harmony:
Rachmaninoff, Piano Concerto No. 2
Strauss, Don Juan
Tchaikovsky, Symphony No. 5


I'm fucking angry today, espcially at Stalin for killing all those people - and Hitler sucks too:
Shostakovich, String Quartet No. 8
Prokofieff, Piano Concerto No. 2
Shostakovich, Symphony No. 5
Hindemith, Mathis der Maler


Rejoice, oh beautiful Earth, for today is a gift of glory, and the first day to change your life into something spectacular:
Messiaen, Quartet for the End of Time
Mahler, Symphony No. 2
Beethoven, Symphony No. 9


God, prehistoric history is so great, and I wish I could save all the whales:
George Crumb, Voice of the Whale

Fuck, I'm BORED:
Anything by Phillip Glass or Steve Reich

I think I need some classical music for my relaxation work day:
Telemann Concerto Grosso Op. 9872, No. 3853932


No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers